Cheese & Cheers (“Cheese & Cheers”, “our” or "we") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We collect information about you when:
- your account is set up and activated by you;
- your account information is updated by you;
- you submit or update your personal details through the Site;
This information will contain personal data and may include your name, date of birth, gender, bank details, address, e-mail address and phone number.
If you contact us by other means, for example by email, post or telephone, we may collect the information you provide to us.
With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service numb
Uses made of the information
In accordance with data protection laws, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. In respect of your personal data, these bases are where it is necessary to provide services to you under the performance of the contract we have with you; where we are required to do so in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations; where you have given your consent; and where it is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data provided that these do not prejudice your own rights, freedoms and interests.
We use personal data processed about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products and services contained within the Site (necessary for the performance of a contract);
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about (legitimate interests);
- where you have indicated your consent, information about third party products and services which we think may be of interest to you (consent);
- to notify you about changes to our service (necessary for the performance of a contract);
- to improve the Site and ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (legitimate interests);
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (necessary for the performance of a contract);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (necessary for the performance of a contract);
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (necessary to comply with a legal obligation and necessary for the performance of a contract);
- for the purposes of analysis the use of the Site (legitimate interests);
Information about you or your use of the Site, and the services within the Site, may be used and analysed for the testing of our services or for other purposes (such as market research purposes), but in such cases we will only do so with anonymity and/or aggregated data such that an individual cannot be identified from such data.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group. We may carry out analysis on your use of the Site and the services. This data will be anonymity and you will not be identified from such data.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Cheese & Cheers or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to
- protect the rights, property, or safety of Cheese & Cheers, our customers, or other This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Personal information of others
If you give us information about another person (for example a family member), it is your responsibility to ensure and confirm that:
Where we store your personal data
Your personal data is withheld in a secure online database.
Update Your Information
Any information on our Site that appears incorrect and cannot be amended should be raised with Cheese & Cheers to correct this. We request that you do this as soon as possible so that we can ensure your personal data is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us and we put in place appropriate technical, physical and organisational security measures to protect against any unauthorized access or damage to, or disclosure or loss of, your information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third party providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these providers.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right to access your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive certain personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- a right to object to processing where lawful basis is that it is in our legitimate interests, but please note that we may still process your personal data where there are other relevant lawful bases or where we have compelling grounds to continue processing your personal data in our interests which are not overridden by your rights, interests or freedoms;
- a right to have certain personal data erased where it is no longer necessary for us to process it, where you have withdrawn your consent pursuant to the below, where you have objected pursuant to the above, where your personal data has been unlawfully processed, or where erasing your personal data is required in accordance with a legal obligation;
- where we have specifically requested your consent to process your personal data and have no other lawful conditions to rely on you have the right to withdraw this consent;
- a right to object to direct marketing, which can be done by opting-out of direct marketing either through your account or by opting out via the communication itself. You also have a right to object to any profiling to the extent that it relates to direct marketing only; and
- a right to request an explanation of the logic involved where we make decisions about you solely through automated means.
If you are unsure about your rights or are concerned about how your personal data may be processed, you should contact the ICO.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights then you can do so by contacting us in the first instance. We will provide you with reasonable assistance in responding to any request from you to exercise your rights.
Please be aware that your rights are not absolute rights and while we will do our best to respond to any request you make, this may not always be possible. This means that we may have to refuse your request or may only be able to comply with it in part.
Where you make a request in respect of your rights we will always verify your identify and we may also ask that you clarify your request.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to provide you with services. Thereafter, your personal data shall be maintained for up to 6 years following the closure of any accounts you hold with us (if applicable) or the last contact with us emanating from you. Please note, however, that we may be subject to legal and regulatory requirements to keep personal data for a longer period or there may be technical reasons why we retain your personal data for longer.
We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into our secure Site.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.